Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hi. Remember Me?

I'm not dead. Nor am I at my goal weight. In fact, I lost all momentum and climbed back up to the 160s. There is a part of me that is deeply ashamed of that. BUT! One thing I have learned that I think is truer than true - the way that you talk to yourself completely impacts everything you do. If I beat myself up, I will hurt myself. The best I can do for myself is get up, dust off, give myself a hug and start the journey from where I'm at. So this is me doing that. Welcome back. ;)

Two months ago, Hubby found out he had really high cholesterol, incredibly high triglycerides and moderately high blood pressure. All of a sudden, he had an epiphany. He wanted to get healthy. His only stipulation - I can change the way we eat and he will exercise, but I'm not allowed to change the beer. LOL! I can live with that. The journey (all one and a half weeks of it so far) is very different with a lifemate who is participating. He's asking questions and counting calories. He even has his own SparkPeople account!!

One of the things Hubby and I are trying that really seems to be helping is eating our biggest meal of the day at lunch instead of dinner. It is such an easy change to make! By eating our biggest meal in the middle of the day, we give ourselves longer to digest. With a small dinner, we're not still ridiculously full at bedtime. And it really seems to be working. This small change and tracking food and exercise on SparkPeople are working.

1/7/13:   168
1/14/13:  164.8

No comments:

Post a Comment