Monday, December 19, 2011

:-\ F.A.I.L

I have one word for the weekend: FAIL. Saturday was an unmitigated disaster. Our Christmas gathering with friends/ cookie swap (for which I made Weight Watchers 1 PPV cookies) was supposed to be over at 7. I was planning to workout when everyone left. Well, some of our friends apparently thought the only people that would really be leaving at 7 were the families with small children. The last couple stumbled away a little after 2 AM!!! Needless to say, I did not jump on the elliptical at 2 in the morning. I had also done really well with eating/drinking until about 9 o'clock that night. Then some friends were like "Come one! Have a beer with us before we leave!" That beer turned into at least 5 at which point I dove face-first into the buffet of food that was still out. *sigh* Yesterday I was hungover like a mutha!! I did manage to get in an hour long workout on the Active 2, but I swear it was touch and go. There were a few times I thought I was going to be sick or pass out or both! Way too old to party like a college kid.

Today I am trying like crazy to get everything back on the right path. I'm eating on program, but didn't get up early enough to exercise this morning. Was already planning to get in another hour of Active 2 and now I'm thinking I might do that 30 mins of elliptical I was supposed to do this morning later as well.

I can't tell you how disgusted I am with myself. I know that people make mistakes and this thing is a lifelong journey. I cannot expect to be perfect all the time. But I have been a weight loss idiot the last two weeks! I have GOT to get 100% back on program and stay there! The plan is easiest at the beginning. That is when you are losing the most. If I can't keep myself on plan now, I'm going to be ridiculous later. I have to make this work. No matter how on-program I am Monday-Friday, if I'm going to fall off the wagon every weekend, I am going nowhere fast. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment