Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Meatless Mondays

Hubby and I have been trying a few things lately with our food. One of them that I've been particularly pushing for is Meatless Mondays. I think it not only benefits us (weight and cholesterol-wise) to skip meat at least one day a week, but I've read several articles suggesting it can help out the environment as well. Not sure I believe that second one whole-heartedly, but it's not going to HURT the environment for us to do it, so why the hell not? :) So last night I made a recipe I found in a Weight Watchers cookbook. Mexican Polenta Pie. Basically black beans, corn, salsa and seasoning with polenta and cheese baked on top. It was actually pretty good too! I've been having a hard time thinking of meatless dishes that weren't pasta-centric. I'd prefer not to be limited to pasta on Mondays, not only because that would be boring, but one cup of pasta bare is 5 PPV! Start adding ingredients, and that number goes up!

While I was cooking dinner last night, I got in 30 mins on the Active 2. After dinner I did 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. I had been thinking I'd do another 30 mins Active 2 after the elliptical, but I was beat. I will be getting in a 40 mins Wii workout this evening though! Even with the workouts and tracking like a madwoman, I'm pretty sure there will be a gain on the scale tomorrow. Going to be a pretty severe kick to the ego, but I am going to try to just stay on program and work harder for the next weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment