Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not Taking Any More Chances

I really allowed myself to be completely off program the last two weeks. Christmas and New Years completely derailed me. I'm a bit surprise by that. It's not like I had plates of cookies around or people demanding my time and attention. I got a video game that wasn't workout related for Christmas, and I spent hours a day sitting and playing it! I kept telling myself to get up and workout and I just didn't. I seriously cannot tell you how amazed and thrilled I am that it didn't end up biting me in the ass. I didn't even have a week with no weight loss. But think of how much more I could have lost if I'd just put down Lego Harry Potter for 30 minutes every day and gotten in a quick, even half-ass, workout? I'm kicking myself! I've seen all kinds of goodies on Pinterest about making exercise like a meeting. It is non-negotiable, it is scheduled and it must be done. I really need to work on that. I can't keep taking risks with my weight loss success. It's entirely too important to fail at. "Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about"!

Along those lines, I went home after my WW meeting last night and did the week one, day two of C25K workout. I hate to say that it was easy (2min jog, 3 min walk intervals) because I know the hard days are around the corner. I'm really looking forward to learning to run though! I have run in the past, but I've always gotten myself injured, usually from pushing myself too hard/far too fast. Not this time!! I am determined. I *will* get in at least one half marathon this year!!

So here's to a new year of less excuses, more dedication and better decisions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment