Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Don't Want to Curse It!

According to the scale this morning, I have lost 10 pounds from when I started this journey in the middle of October. My scale can be ca-razy though with it's unpredictable ups and downs. I want to use the offiicial scale at WW before I celebrate. I don't have time to stay for the meeting tonight (have I mentioned my ENTIRE family is descending on my house tomorrow?), but I am planning to pop in for a weigh-in. I am totally excited about this number and also horrified! The day before Thanksgiving I hit a milestone?? How is that fair? What are the odds of not gaining at least a pound (and therefore negating the milestone) over Thanksgiving? First World Problems, I know. Just going to have to keep on keeping on. If I hit the milestone once, I can do it again, right?

When I got home last night, I was pretty busy most of the night with Turkey Day prep and my Hubby (who wasn't feeling well) was hogging my TV while he laid on the couch. Around 8 o'clock though, I kicked him out so I could spend 20 minutes on the Active 2. I intended to do some Wii exercises afterward, but my balance board was completely drained of juice. :-( So yesterday's exercise total was an easy 45 on the elliptical and a good 20 on the Active 2. Not as much as I'd hoped, but I'm going to reconcile myself to the fact that holiday weeks are a little more challenging than most.

I did NOT work out this morning. I know - BOOOO!!!!! HISSSSSS!!! Trust me, the chorus of "slacker!" going on in my head is loud. I am going to get in 45 mins on the elliptical tonight if it kills me (and it might!). I'm also planning to walk/run to the WW meeting again. I have a sneaking suspicion tomorrow will be a non-workout day. :-( My family is coming over early to watch the Macy's Parade and will be hanging out most of the day. I will strive to do an easy 45 on the elliptical, but I have a feeling I will end up collapsed on the couch. My family really takes it out of me... Friday I will be up and at 'em and on the machine though!

Today's goals: stairs, water, do my damnedest to get in 45 on EM and run/walk to WW meeting. I will be doing lots of running back and forth cleaning my house and doing decorative things, but I'm not sure that counts as "exercise." ;-)

Happy Turkey Day everyone! May your meat be white, your veggies steamed and your pie worth the points!

No comments:

Post a Comment