Monday, November 21, 2011

Let's Get It Started In Here!

Friday night I ate way more than I should have. It was a $85 per person 7 course beer dinner at one of Houston's finer restaurants. I was GOING to enjoy it, damn it! Each course came out on small plates and they were very small portions (one oyster for the first course, 2 shrimp and some lettuce for another, etc). But still 7 courses of small is still a lot of food! I did ix-nay Hubby's request to go out drinking afterward. We'd just had 8 3-oz beers (and we split a Full Moon Rye at the bar beforehand). Since there was no way I was going to be able to put that meal into WW (foie gras anyone? Is that in there?), I just devoted all my points for that day (I swear I just about fasted all day) and all my Weekly Points.As with any "binge" kind of Points day, I think the best thing to do is put it behind you and stay on program! Just because I blew a TON of Points Friday night does not mean I should blow off the rest of the week.So Saturday and Sunday, I picked up where I'd left off. I stayed within Points, exercised and kept on.

Saturday - I used some of my birthday money to buy myself the EA Sports Active 2 "game" for Wii. Tried it out Saturday (50 minutes) and I am *STILL* hurting! WOW! That thing is a real workout! Really puts the Wii Fit to shame! I was sweating like a dog and huffing and puffing like I'd never done cardio before! :-) I might have a new favorite workout even though it was brutal! Squats, lunges, mountain climbers, reverse crunches. Oi! $40 very well spent on that game. It suggests you set up a calendar for when you can devote time to it. I put in Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for my Active days. So more tonight! WOO HOO!!

Sunday - Even though I was totally sore yesterday, I still managed to spend a hard 45 minutes on the elliptical. Then my sister came over and we started prep work for Thanksgiving. The big day is at my house this year and I am a little anal about organization. We prepped all the food yesterday and sent it home to my sister's freezer. We will defrost it Wednesday night and start casseroles rotating through the oven very early Thursday morning. After we were doing cooking, I managed to get it an easy 30 mins on the Wii Fit (stuck to the snowball fight and the Kung Fu). Totally stayed within points.

My family is really big on turkey day. We are having a roasted turkey, a fried turkey, a ham, squash casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, mashed potatoes, dressing, and cauliflower mountain (cauliflower with melted cheese and a mayo-based sauce). My cousin, who is a pastry chef, is bringing 3 pies (pumpkin, cherry, and pecan). I will be making a trifle and a 7-up cake as well. Is it any wonder people put on weight at the holidays??? OMG!! And my grandmother's dressing recipe calls for FOUR cans of "cream of" soups and 6 boiled eggs!! HOLY COW! My plan of attack is to only eat the foods I really love (and small portions of those!). I'm really not a huge dressing fan, so I'm not going to eat it! Green bean casserole? YES PLEASE! I also bought containers so that I can send leftovers home with other people! That food is NOT staying in my house! Hubby loves Thanksgiving. He loves leftovers. I'm going to have a hard time getting him to let go of the food. Which is ridiculous because we'll probably have several of these dishes again at Christmas. *sigh*

Monday Funday - stairs, stairs, stairs! Sports Active. 100 ounces of water. I would really love to get in a 30 min run as well. I might try to do that before the SP. I know there's no way I'll be able to do it after ;-). I really want to get back into running! I've been doing all this cardio trying to ready myself to run. I got my knee brace ready now and I want to hit the track! :-) Let you know how things turn out tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment