Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Non-Scale Victories

Part of the WW meme is the idea of Non-Scale Victories (NSVs). The idea is that sometimes the scale is just evil and not moving, but there is still trackable progress in weight loss. I had a small NSV this morning! I have a pair of jeans that has been skin tight the last few months. They aren't skinny jeans, but they've been fitting like them! NOT pretty! This morning (fresh from the dryer) they went on with minimal fuss! They buttoned easily. Still a little snug in the thigh when they first went on, but such a huge improvement! When I used to sit down while wearing them, they would dig into my stomach. NOT TODAY!! YAY!!! It's the little things, folks!

When I got home last night, I did 40 minutes on the Wii (EA Sports Active 2). Very, very nice workout! I was huffing and puffing and sweating like a dog. Every time the next exercise would come up I'd be all "OMG. I hate these!" in my head and then feel good when I was done with them. Downright comical really. I could really fall in love with the Active 2! Really good workouts with lots of variety built in. GREAT purchase!

This morning I woke up and hopped on the elliptical. My toes were KILLING me halfway through, so I lowered the resistance to zero and did the rest of the workout in easy-shmeasy mode. A little disappointed in myself, but at the same time, I don't want the elliptical to become something I avoid. I'd rather do an easy workout on it and something a little more strenuous later on (Active 2 anyone?) than push myself on it while in pain and then avoid it for my next workout. Really need to do some reading online to see if there's something I can do for the toe thing. Would taking a break every 15 minutes to flex my toes lower my heart rate sufficiently to negate the workout? Things to look up...

Today's goals: STAIRS (you'd already guessed that, hadn't you?), 30 more minutes on Active 2, 100 ounces of water. I also want to get on the Wii Fit for a few minutes just so it doesn't squawk at me about how I'm neglecting it. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment